Monday, November 2, 2009

Doing it All

So i have been slacking on posting in October. But that is because it was October, and for some reason every professor thinks that it would be a great idea to have every big assignment due in October. But now it is November and the end is in sight.

Its amazing how one little line on a piece of paper can dominate your life for 3 days straight.
Or how 12 full pages can dominate your life for a night.
Or how a paragraph on a page can dominate your life.

Life has been insane lately.
Break-neck speed, everyday.
I feel bad for my roommate (who never sees me),
my girlfriend (who rarely sees me),
and anyone else who would like a fair does of my cheesy personality.
But, i came to Ozark for a reason. And as bad as it sounds, it was not to make friends (awesome) or to get a girlfriend (bonus) or to live with someone cool (he is). I arrived in Joplin in order to prepare for life.

But thankfully, i find myself doing all of these things. And thus the delicate balance begins.
I've tried to make a certain phrase a part of my life this last semester:

"Do a lot, but don't be busy."

This is my last year in college. And i want it to be a good one, not a wasted one.
So that means doing a lot of things, activities, outings, etc. (difficult for me as an introvert).
But it also means not doing so much that i forget about all the things i am doing.

So, as i embark into November, every instinct screams go, go, go.
But my personality pleas stay, stay, stay.
And a question moves to the front of my mind:
How do i do A LOT, but not be busy?
The answer rests in the fulcrum.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, the fulcrum.
    Thanks for the words. And I always thought blogs were for poets or angry people needing to rant. Yours was neither and I found it quite refreshing.
    Kevin Greer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man im happy that i have gotten to know you over the last two years. I really look up to you and i know that we don't hang out too much but it is good to have an example in my life of a guy my age that loves the ministry, and yet has time for people...thanks for being a friend captain

    ReplyDelete