Monday, December 21, 2009

The Issue of Environment

Environment, or Inherited?

I choose environment. (Choose or Chose?)
Environment dictates behavior.
Simply look at the floater friend who has no home.
or the trend follower
or the phenomenon of the mob mentality
or athletic events, plays, and dances.
Environment is the rudder to behavior, directing action to reflect the surrounding sea.

It can make you look like an incapable idiot, or a sophisticated savant.
And i refuse to acknowledge ADD or serotonin or the hypothalamus as the route of cultural issues.

So, i am at P
anera because of my inability to function in the comfort of my house.
And for tha
t, i blame environment.
I blame the fact that i have had a TV in my room since 14.
I blame the fact that i have not had a TV in my room since 2006.
And i blame th
e fact that i am home on Christmas Break.
Which brings me to Panera, residing in the aura of coffee and seniors stuck in a routine.

Environment may direct behavior.
But i can choose (choose or chose? ugh, i hate that word)
my surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment