Monday, January 4, 2010

My New Year 2010

I find New Year's Resolutions cliche. But i participate anyway.
So here is an incomplete list of my Life Goals for 2010:

1. Make a significant purchase.
This is a left-over goal from last year. That is why it is #1. I tend to make money and do nothing with it. And anytime i buy something, i struggle my way out the door (i.e. i bought Arrested Development for $13 at Target and Sonja had to convince me that i should get it). So, down with conservatism and up with Consumerism!

2. Give up Coffee, Soda, and Tea for a month each.
This, without a doubt, will be my most challenging goal. I really like Soda-- really, Coke. And i really like coffee. And tea is going to develop into a crutch when going without coffee. So, my personal will is going to be tested, but i am convinced that my pride will remain.

3. Read 20 books.
I haven't read very many classic, influential, AP-English, type books. And i want to do that. And i feel like 20 books is achievable. But this goal may compromise goal #2 since nothing accompanies good literature better than a good bitter cup of coffee.

4. Be More Active.
One of my goals last year was to get to 195 lbs. Goal achieved. A goal this year is to not exceed 200 lbs, which means being more active. Not necessarily weight lifting or running, just doing more physical activities. I'm pretty sure this is on every American's list, so enough said.

5. Play guitar at least once a week.
I have a guitar, albeit it is not the nicest. And i know how to play, but not very well. So, i would like to change that by committing time once a week to playing.

The last few merely need to be mentioned:

6. Get my savings account to a certain round number.
7. Pay off the small amount of debt that i have.

So, there are my goals for 2010. Last year i completed 75% of my goals. I'm not naive enough to think i will complete 100% of my goals, so this year I'm simply trying to complete a higher percentage than last year.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals, they seem pretty reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 books, eh? Good luck! You do happen to be friends with an English major... so if you need recommendations, let me know. Also, you should probably update the link to my blog over there <--- just sayin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle

    1. What will you read, that should be the true test of the books.

    2. Don't give up coffee

    3. Tell me I am awesome at least once a week

    ReplyDelete