Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pessimistic Outlook 2010

I am pessimistic.
No, not by nature, although my sarcasm often gets confused for bitterness towards life.
Why am i pessimistic?
because its only mid February my New Year's Resolutions have fallen by the wayside.
And i hate that.
So, here is an update on my resolutions:

1. Make a significant purchase.
-FAIL. But I'm feeling a spending spree near the beginning of the summer.

2. Give up coffee, tea, and Soda for a month each.
-FAIL. But, i have scheduled out the months to do this. First up: No Soda March.
I have 10 days left to indulge in Coca Cola Classic.

3. Read 20 books.
-I am on pace to read 20 books.
But, half of those are going to be for school.
Not exactly what i envisioned.

4. Be more active.
2 weeks ago after a game of racquetball i weighed in at 202.
FAIL

5. Play guitar for an hour a week.
I think my guitar has left its case for maybe an hour all year.
UTTER FAIL

6. Save money
- I endured the February blitz of Valentines, so its looking optimistic.
7. Pay off my debt.
- This is looking good as well.

So there you have it.
FAIL.
Also, before this blog post, i had never really utilized the "FAIL" movement.
But there is no other way to describe my year according to personal goals.
Good news: It is only February 18. I have 10 entire months to turn this thing around.

1 comment:

  1. FAIL! also. don't give up. because i am behind, but planning is what does it. and its happinin... the planning is....

    ReplyDelete