Monday, July 26, 2010

"Crazy Love" Review

So, i have been reading "War and Peace" all summer.
But i had to take a break from it.
Because it is long.
And
Because it is difficult.
But i did not want to take a break from reading.
So, i picked up Francis Chan's "Crazy Love."

Here are my thoughts on the book:

It was fine.
Let me qualify that by saying this:
Love is an old topic written about by everyone.
And so, Francis Chan had nothing new to say:
Love must be experiential, not educational.
This is not a new revelation.
Culture has picked up on that truth.
So that qualifies me to say this.
The read was fine.

After reading the book, these were my thoughts:

Love is not Crazy, it is simply Love.
You cannot take a break from experiencing it.
Even if it is difficult
And
Even if is long
But you have to let it break you.
So, "Crazy Love" might take me all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment