Monday, February 14, 2011

The End of an Era

The snow is thawing,
The sun is shining,
And i am now employed at the
U.S. Bank near Northpark Mall.
For a while, i felt like Atlas,
Crippling under the weight of the world.
However, structure is being built around me,
While i adjust to life out of school.
Although this is temporary support,
It provides much needed relief,
Like a cool pool on a summer day.
With framing in place,
Life seems simpler.
I can study the subtleties.
I can appreciate the aesthetics.
I have something to shield me from the elements.
And as winter slowly surrenders to spring,
My life will enter a new season as well:
Full-time employment.
I'm sure this will give me stories, frustrations, and more.
But the distinctions of seasons are not boring.
The bitterness of winter,
The blossoms of spring,
The sun of summer,
The autumn leaves,
Create an atmosphere enjoyable in its time.
And that's how i see this experience.
Unpleasant, exhausting, frustrating,
Unique, fun, frantic,
But a bookmark to many memories,
Noting the next chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment