Monday, November 14, 2011

Adulthood

I've been living life as an "adult" for nine months now.
And it has been really, really hard.
I'm not sure if it is how ridiculous life has been in 2011,
Or if that's just how life is.
But I've come to this conclusion about adulthood:


Adulthood is a labyrinth that traps the un-persistent,
Confuses the masses, and misleads the unguided.


Over the past few months, I've felt trapped, confused, and mislead.
Not to the point of hopelessness.  But enough to notice it.
And through these emotions, I've recognized 2 things:
The necessity of community.
And 
The church at work.
Moment after moment, my community has encouraged and supported.
And time after time, the church has moved and responded.
The stories from those interaction create value in the venture.
Without community and the church, 
Exploring the labyrinth of life would be nearly unbearable,
Because being trapped, lost, or confused is easier when others are right there with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment