Thursday, September 10, 2009

Swine Flu September

The month of Pigs.

September has been one crazy month. Since my last post, i moved into the dorms, started school, and also started soccer (club team). It has definitely been one crazy month: messy, smelly, and fat. One may say, Pig-like. Which brings me to my post: Swine Flu.
I am convinced that i was a victim of H1N1

Evidence:
Symptoms: fever, stuffy nose, dry cough, sore throat, and headache. This means i had all the major symptoms of Swine Flu, other than severe body aches.
Time Frame: Swine Flu lasts for about 8 days, the exact amount of time i felt under the weather. Coincidence?
Treatment: After 48 hours of symptoms, it is not necessary to see a doctor. So, i did not. They simply recommend that
you treat your symptoms. So i took an immunity booster and drank lots of water/juice.
To solidify my argument for my H1N1 experience, i will reveal that i came into contact with someone who had a confirmed case of swine flu.

Therefore, i survived the 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic.

I wore the H1N1 truth on my sleeve for all to see so that they may beware of my contagious nature; however, no one took me serious. They simply brushed my illness off as another seasonal cold... in September... very usual... And now, many are feeling under the weather as a result of their ignorance. Truth: when i get sick, i really do get sick. Don't ignore the signs of swine flu.
So you may be wondering, was it actually swine flu? Does it matter? I was sick...
Also
, i am convinced that my strain of swine flu mutated into a stomach flu that has ravaged my dorm floor that past week. Coincidence? doubtful.

Here is the absolute truth about swine flu: It is not the violent strand that it is made out to be. The only reason H1N1 gets the publicity it does, is the contagious respiratory nature of the disease. Fact: Most H1N1 deaths have been a result of complications resulting from a pre-existing condition. In reality, it kills LESS people on average than the regular seasonal flu strand. So while the media hypes the poser infectious disease of H1N1, i will be concerned for those who come down with the real dangerous disease: seasonal flu.


No comments:

Post a Comment