Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

So, last year I made no resolutions.
But this year, I will make a few.

In the past, I've accomplished about 50% of my resolutions.
To check this, read this post

So here are my goals for the next year:

1. Read 10 books.
In the past, my goal was 20.
But with a full-time job, part-time ministry, and a girlfriend,
20 would be nearly impossible.
So, 10 books it is.

2. Run a half marathon.
So far in 2012, I have been extremely active.
And my goal to run a half marathon should keep me active.
The goal date is April 29th in OKC.
If you want to pay my registration fee,
I wont argue with you.

3. Save 10% of my salary
This is probably my loftiest goal.
My goal is basically to live on 70% of what I make.
FYI, that's not much money.

4. Write more
I've neglected writing over the past few months.
I've been uninspired,
Slightly stressed,
And strangely busy.
So, I want to write more over the next year.

5. Continue my education.
I'm not quite sure what this will look like,
But in 2012, I want to take a class or 2.

I'm leaving some room to come up with other goals,
But these are the main ones I want to accomplish.
They will be tough,
But when accomplished,
Rewarding.


No comments:

Post a Comment